By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Supreme Court to hear Senthilbalaji’s plea to relax bail conditions on December 1
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Supreme Court to hear Senthilbalaji’s plea to relax bail conditions on December 1

India News

Supreme Court to hear Senthilbalaji’s plea to relax bail conditions on December 1

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: November 14, 2025 5:43 pm
India Times Now Desk
Published: November 14, 2025
Share
SHARE


Tamil Nadu Minister for Electricity and Prohibition and Excise V. Senthilbalaji.

Tamil Nadu Minister for Electricity and Prohibition and Excise V. Senthilbalaji.
| Photo Credit: B. JOTHI RAMALINGAM

The Supreme Court on Friday posted for December 1 a plea by former Tamil Nadu Minister V. Senthilbalaji to relax his bail conditions in a money-laundering case related to an alleged cash-for-job scam.

A Bench of Justices Surya Kant and Joymalya Bagchi issued notice to the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and sought a response.

Senior advocate Kapil Sibal, for the former Minister, said his client was seeking modification of a condition requiring him to mark his attendance every Monday and Friday between 11 a.m. and noon in the office of Deputy Director of the ED in Chennai and to appear before police officers investigating three scheduled offences on the first Saturday of every month.

Mr. Sibal said the second bail condition mandated his client to be present before the courts dealing with scheduled offences as well as the special court. He contended that the investigation had been concluded, and the chargesheet had been filed in the ED case.

Mr. Sibal said Mr. Senthilbalaji had already appeared 116 times before the Central agency ever since he got bail on September 26, 2024.

“During this period, I have never absconded and appeared before the ED officers as directed by the court,” he submitted.

However, advocate Zoheb Hussain, appearing for the ED, argued that the former Minister could still influence witnesses in the case.

“These conditions have ensured smooth conduct and progress of the trial in the case,” he contended and opposed the plea.

Published – November 14, 2025 11:13 pm IST



Source link

UDF will probe “corruption” in the cancellation of DBFOO power supply contracts if it comes to power: V.D. Satheesan
Park Circus violence: 40 people arrested so far; will not tolerate attacks on police, says Bengal CM Suvendu
Eerie silence prevails in Nanguneri after double murder with caste overtone
Amendment to fast-track women’s reservation fails in Lok Sabha | Explained
Watch: India will become the world’s third-largest economy: Vaishnaw at Davos
TAGGED:bail conditionsDecember 1plearelaxSenthilbalajiSupreme Court
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Woman arrested for murdering husband

India Times Now Desk
India Times Now Desk
December 26, 2025
Rahul writes to PM Modi, seeks Bharat Ratna for BSP founder Kanshi Ram
CII Summit: Visakhapatnam is growth corridor of Andhra Pradesh, says Nara Lokesh
Kannepalli pumps can be operated with present water levels: Harish Rao
IAS, IPS officers’ interim applications for vacating stay over Nagaram lands dismissed
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?