By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Have sought report on Mumbai hostage-taker Rohit Arya’s work with education department: Maharashtra Minister
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Have sought report on Mumbai hostage-taker Rohit Arya’s work with education department: Maharashtra Minister

India News

Have sought report on Mumbai hostage-taker Rohit Arya’s work with education department: Maharashtra Minister

India Times Now Desk
Last updated: October 31, 2025 11:45 am
India Times Now Desk
Published: October 31, 2025
Share
SHARE


Rush outside the R.A. studio at Powai, where a man, identified as Rohit Arya, held several children hostage. He was later shot during the rescue operation, in Mumbai on October 30, 2025

Rush outside the R.A. studio at Powai, where a man, identified as Rohit Arya, held several children hostage. He was later shot during the rescue operation, in Mumbai on October 30, 2025
| Photo Credit: ANI

Maharashtra minister Dada Bhuse on Friday (October 31, 2025) said he has sought a report regarding the work hostage-taker Rohit Arya had done with the education department.

Arya (50) was shot dead after he allegedly took 17 children and two adults hostage inside R.A. Studio in Powai on Thursday (October 30).

The children, boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 12, had been called to the studio for an audition for a web series that had been ongoing for six days. Police rescued the children after a three-hour hostage drama, but Arya was killed after sustaining a bullet injury during the operation.

He had earlier claimed that his dues for a project for the Maharashtra education department were pending, and he had even staged a protest in Pune.

Speaking to reporters, Mr. Bhuse, who heads the school education department, said that Arya’s Apsara Entertainment Network ran the Swachhta Monitor initiative, and he had taken money from schools to be a part of it.

“The department appears to have taken action against him. We have sought a detailed report from the department on the work done by him (Arya),” the Minister said.

On Thursday (October 30), former Maharashtra school education minister Deepak Kesarkar said that he had provided financial help to Arya. He claimed that Arya had taken money from school students through a website, and the department had taken objection to it.

Mr. Kesarkar said he had met Arya and even offered him financial help after the latter complained that the department had defaulted on a payment due to him.

According to a government resolution of the School Education department dated January 25, 2024, Arya was the director of Project Let’s Change, which ran the Swachhta Monitor initiative from July 20 to October 2, 2023.

Under the initiative, school students were to act as Swachhta (cleanliness) monitors and discourage people from spitting and littering in public places. Around 64,000 schools and 59 lakh students participated in it.

The education department, in a statement on Friday (October 31), said that the Swachhta Monitor initiative was first approved by the government on September 27, 2022, and implemented by Arya’s Apsara Media Entertainment Network.

The government gave its approval to implement it for the second time on June 30, 2023, and the company was paid ₹9.9 lakh for the purpose.

In 2023-24, under the Mukhyamantri Majhi Shala Sundar Shala initiative, the government approved ₹2 crore for the second phase of Swachhta Monitor.

The education department stated that Arya submitted estimated costs for advertising, management, technical support, screening of a film, etc.

However, the scheme was not implemented, as its effectiveness could not be gauged.

In 2024-25, Arya again requested that the initiative be implemented and sought ₹2.41 crore for the purpose, the department said.

Even as his proposal was under consideration, Arya, through the portal www.swachhtamonitor.in, started charging a registration cost from schools.

When this came to the government’s notice, the Education Commissioner was asked to collect the registration costs charged by Apsara Media Entertainment and the company was asked to provide an assurance letter that it would not charge schools. Since Arya did not furnish any information about this, no further action was taken in this matter, the statement said.

Published – October 31, 2025 05:15 pm IST



Source link

Manavamaitri Sangamam in Kozhikode on Nov. 4
ITI management feud turns deadly in Bapatla district
Proposal to upgrade MCC to Grade 1 civic body: MLA asks officials to keep data ready in one month
Maoist killed in Dantewada – The Hindu
A path for a battered and broken Himachal Pradesh
TAGGED:Maharashtra Project Let's ChangeMaharashtra School Education departmentMumbai hostage Rohit AryaMumbai studio children hostageRohit Arya shot Mumbai hostage drama
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Trump implies that TikTok deal has been reached with China, will speak to Xi Friday

krutikadalvibiz
krutikadalvibiz
September 15, 2025
100-year-old problem of farmers resolved with issuance of pattadar passbooks
BSE smallcap to be in focus as company wins NHAI projects in Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra
Dhurandhar 2: Arjun Rampal says ‘you become part of history’, thanks Aditya Dhar for Major Iqbal role
Nuclear reactor company X-energy shares surge 34% in strong debut
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?