By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Keerampara diarrhoea outbreak caused by Rotavirus
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Keerampara diarrhoea outbreak caused by Rotavirus

Keerampara diarrhoea outbreak caused by Rotavirus

krutikadalvibiz
Last updated: September 10, 2025 8:45 pm
krutikadalvibiz
Published: September 10, 2025
Share
SHARE


The recent health scare that gripped Keerampara panchayat was caused by Rotavirus.

A report from the National Institute of Virology, Alappuzha, which tested the faecal samples that were sent for investigation, found that the cause of the infection was Rotavirus.

A Health official said that at present there were no live cases in the panchayat. Rotavirus is a highly contagious viral infection that causes diarrhoea and vomiting. The virus is generally spread via contaminated water or food. “In this case, we think it could be the water as that is considered the common source here,” the official added.

As many as 45 children had shown symptoms of diarrhoea and vomiting last week. Among them, 22 had to be hospitalised.

Published – September 11, 2025 12:14 am IST



Source link

In Bihar, the prohibition law has become a joke, says Tejashwi Yadav
Did Moushumi Chatterjee call Rajesh Khanna a ‘spoiled child’? Know the full story
West Bengal election – phase 1: 294 candidates face serious criminal charges, 98 booked for crimes against women
Cyclonic storm ‘Montha’: Guntur Commissioner orders removal of encroachments and strengthening of flood preparedness
Ryan Gosling’s Project Hail Mary becomes 2026’s biggest Hollywood hit in India so far
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

President Droupadi Murmu arrives in Tirumala on two-day pilgrimage

Times Desk
Times Desk
November 20, 2025
Manipur encounter: Four UKNA extremists killed
Comedian Aishwarya Mohanraj says she lost 20 kg in 6 months; opens up on using Rs 40K weekly injections
Congress continuing in DMK alliance is doubtful: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Free coaching for competitive exams in Raichur
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?