By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
India Times NowIndia Times NowIndia Times Now
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Reading: Social Educational Survey extended again; it will continue till October 31
Share
India Times NowIndia Times Now
Font ResizerAa
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
Search
  • Bharat Shreshtha Ratna Sanman
  • India News
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • The Escapist
    • Insider
    • Finance ₹
    • India News
    • Science
    • Health
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US

Home » Social Educational Survey extended again; it will continue till October 31

India News

Social Educational Survey extended again; it will continue till October 31

Times Desk
Last updated: October 19, 2025 4:06 pm
Times Desk
Published: October 19, 2025
Share
SHARE


Chief Minister Siddaramaiah reviewing the progress of the Socio-Educational Survey in Bengaluru on October 19, 2025. Ministers and senior officials were present.

Chief Minister Siddaramaiah reviewing the progress of the Socio-Educational Survey in Bengaluru on October 19, 2025. Ministers and senior officials were present.
| Photo Credit: Special Arrangement

The Social and Educational Survey being conducted by the Karnataka State Commission for Backward Classes received another round of extension on Sunday, with the State-wide survey now to be held till October 31.

Teachers who have so far played a crucial role in the door-to-door survey to enumerate the population, will, however, return to their academic responsibilities in schools.

By Sunday evening, the enumerators had reached out to 5.42 crores in about 1.43 crore households across the State, barring Greater Bengaluru Authority (GBA) region — reaching 96.35 % of the estimated household.

In Bengaluru, the survey reached 18.31 lakh households out of the total 39.83 lakh, covering 56.56 lakh population. The progress has been 45.97 %, data from the government showed.

The State government has also announced holidays to all those participating in the survey from October 20 to October 22 on account of Deepavali.

“The survey would again resume on October 23 and teachers will not be participating. The deputy commissioners of districts and GBA authorities have been asked to complete the survey before October 31, using personnel from other departments. There will be no necessity to extend the survey after that,” Minister for Backward Classes Shivaraj Tangadagi told presspersons after a meeting with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in which commission’s chairman Madhusudan Naik also took part on Sunday.

According to the initial schedule, the survey that started on September 22 (barring GBA region) was to end on October 7, which was extended till October 19. To ensure the survey would be completed, the government had extended the Dasara holidays for government and aided schools till Sunday.

So far, seven districts including Mandya, Tumakuru, Haveri, Chitradurga, Udupi, Chikkamagaluru, and Davangere have reported 100% coverage, while Gadag, Koppal, and Shivamogga have reported about 99% coverage.

Raichur, Bagalkot, Uttara Kannada, and Hassan districts have a coverage of about 97%, and Chamarajanagar and Bengaluru Rural districts have reported about 95% coverage.

“The survey has been a little slow in Ramanagara, Dharwad, and Bidar where 86%, 88 % and 79.46 % of the target has been met respectively. In some districts, the survey has been completed. The survey will be continued only in districts where work is still pending,” the Minister said.

In GBA region where the survey commenced on October 4, the survey has shown a progress of 45.97 %,he added. “We are confident of achieving the target in Bengaluru,” he said.

Takes exception

Taking exception to Rajya Sabha member Sudha Murty’s statement on her refusal to take part in the survey, Mr. Tangadagi said that those in responsible positions should understand the survey instead of making such statements.

“The survey is capturing data on social, educational, economic and employment of the population of all people. This is not restricted to backward classes. Please do not mislead people.”

When his reaction was sought on the slow pace of the survey in Dharwad, he pointed out at the statement of Union Minister and Dharwad MP Pralhad Joshi refusing to participate in the survey and urging people not to participate, as the reason for the slow pace.

“This behavior is not good. People will be observing those in responsible positions. In that case, should people oppose the Census to be conducted by the Centre? Can we politicise? People in responsible positions should behave properly,” he said.

Published – October 19, 2025 09:36 pm IST



Source link

Tejas fighter jet crash: Deeply saddened by loss of courageous IAF pilot during at Dubai Air Show, says HAL
Four killed, 11 injured in blaze at ‘gulal’ manufacturing unit in Haryana’s Jind
Buon Natale celebrations to light up Thrissur on December 27
Veteran Kannada actor Umesh passes away
Lecturers of government and aided PU colleges stage protest
TAGGED:Social Educational Survey extended again; it will continue till October 31
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Popular News

Rare congenital anomaly ‘foetus in foetu’ successfully operated at KMCRI in Hubballi

Times Desk
Times Desk
October 18, 2025
Central Railway to operate 230 special trains during Dasara and Deepavali festival season
Modi, Himanta prepared roadmap for tribal development, BJP’s win will ensure implementation: Amit Shah
Saji Cherian slams The Kerala Story sequel teaser as ‘propaganda’
Noida Police questions YouTuber Ajeet Bharti over post after attack on CJI
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics
© INDIA TIMES NOW 2026 . All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?